Tuesday, November 13, 2012

FacePalm

Don't you just love that phrase? It completely sums up my life lately.

I managed to lose my driver's licence. How you ask? Well, I NEVER take it out of my wallet. Ever. I had to take it out to show the nice people when I wanted to vote. I remember looking at it and thinking, "Wow, I have to get this renewed next year," and shoved it back in my purse. Didn't stick it back in its slot in my wallet. Just tossed it in because I was so eager to go vote.

Time passes.

I open my wallet yesterday and have an egads moment. My credit card and dl are missing. What?!?! So I found the credit card in the back pocket of my jeans where I stuck it when we gassed the car on Saturday. I could not begin to recall why I would have taken the card with the nifty picture out for. So I go on a treasure hunt. No good. Still can't remember why I would have taken it out. Did someone steal it? Nah. Ding! The light goes off as I am climbing into bed. Yeah...the voting people. Needless to say, looked in every handbag and every pair of pants and even stood on my head in the backseat of the car hoping that it would be somewhere. Nope. It has vanished off the face of the planet. So off I toddle  to the lovely DPS place, sans dl mind you. Fifteen minutes later I emerge from the place with two 8.5 x 11 pieces of paper that say I can drive ( hush kids) and off I go.

Lost my licence...face palm...

 Quilting news: Didn't get much done on the nutjob project I started. It is insane. The blocks are basically 6x6. I decided to make 150 of them in case I ddin't like all of them. They are foundation pieced using my scraps. It will be interesting but still...nutjob. Here is a few of the ones that are the farthest along


At least it matches the vision I have in my head. I am just impatient to get them done.

Taking a Craftsy class on designing modern quilts with Weeks Ringle. She gave a lecture I went to in Houston and got the chance to talk to her. Really liking the class.

Laters!


Susie Q




No comments:

Post a Comment