Saturday, October 25, 2014

Hello Againg

I am an incredibly bad blogger. I kinda forgot that I had a blog. 

Our kitchen remodel hit an ugly snag today. We were using a cutting board as a marker on the floor (for a wall maybe) and it fell over on his foot. Wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued. Hopefully it will feel better soon so that he can get back to hanging sheetrock next week.

Sent the blue Spin Around New York quilt to my mil for her birthday. She loved it. The colors were so her. I am glad that I chose that kit when I took Gayle Wallace's class last year. Here it is before it was quilted:


I never remember to take pictures of them after they are completed. Oh well. 

Hubs bought me a Grace Quilting Frame a few years ago at an amazing price. We set it up once and then took it apart and stuck it in storage. I was terrified of it. Okay. More like clueless. Fast forward to this morning when we set it up again. It needs to be cleaned but I think I am finally ready to give it a spin. My baby Betty does not have enough harp space to work well and the big Betty weighs more than a small horse. Methinks I will be looking at that midarm Juki next week in Houston after all.

Yes it time for the annual trek to worship all things quilt. I am getting excited about going even if the drive down is dreadful and being in that city makes me a bit sad. It was hard to get into any of the class so I only got into one of them. Maybe there will be room in the others when I get there. Still in all it is a fun/inspiring/overwhelming/terrific experience. You should go some time.

Off to be productive...


No comments:

Post a Comment