Monday, October 27, 2014

Defeated by invisible thread



Isn't it just the thing? When Craftsy was selling a 3Sisters fabric and pattern from Moda Christmas one, I knew I had to make that one. So cute!

Fastward to a week ago...I could not decide which thread to use in the quilting. Aha. Let's use invisible thread. Blends with everything. 

Argh. Monster machine had trouble with tension again  after quilting along one side and most of the top. Do you know hard it is to rip out that stuff? Thank goodness I could use my rotary cutter to sever the threads from the back but it took about three hours to undo 30 minutes of quilting. Then about an hour to get all the invisible threads out of the front of it.

 Loving the off white COTTON thread that blends with the fabrics. Tension is lovely and so much easier to correct mistakes.

Update on kitchen: Designer coming out today to measure and lend some advise.  That should be interesting.

Starting to do some serious packing for my trip tomorrow. I feel bad that hubs will be here by himself while I go off adventuring. He says he would rather stay home than go hang out at the show.I get it. Told him that I would rather be eaten by wild dogs than go to Dayton for the hamfest.

Happy creating, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment